The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office will continue to operate essential services during this time of COVID-19. We want to encourage the public to continue washing your hands, try not to touch your face, stay home if possible, and practicing social distancing at all time.
1. If a crime is happening RIGHT NOW…..CALL 911.
2. If you would like to provide information about a crime ANONYMOUSLY go to https://www.mobileso.com/report-a-crime/
3. If you would like to speak with someone at our office about a crime, call 574-8633
PISTOL PERMIT OFFICE
The Pistol Permit office is open, but we strongly encourage the public to use our online forms for their PISTOL PERMIT.
For any questions concerning who “may” or “may not” receive a permit, go to https://www.mobileso.com/…/Pistol-Permit-General-Guidelines-…
1. Go to https://www.mobileso.com/pistol-permit/ and click on RENEWALS
2. PAY WITH CREDIT CARD AND YOUR PERMIT WILL BE MAILED TO YOUR ADDRESS.
NEW PISTOL PERMIT APPLICANT
1. Go to https://www.mobileso.com/pistol-permit/ and click NEW PISTOL PERMIT APPLICANT
2. We will do a background check and use your driver’s licence for your photo.
3. PAY WITH CREDIT CARD AND YOUR PERMIT WILL BE MAILED TO YOUR ADDRESS.
ALL PEOPLE WHO PAY WITH CASH/CHECK, OR THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO COME TO THE PISTOL PERMIT OFFICE, WILL BE CALLED WHEN THEIR PERMIT IS READY.
Our goal is to reduce the amount of people who come into our office so that we may protect our employees as well as the general public. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) COVID-19:
National Association of Counties (NACo) COVID-19:
International City-County Management Association (ICMA) COVID-19:
National Association of Regional Councils (NARC) COVID-19:
HHS/Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Community Mitigation Strategies Guide: