Mobile County Metro Jail at a Glance
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for the Mobile County Metro Jail. This facility houses an average of 1,500 inmates per day and is the detention facility not only for the county but for the city of Mobile as well.
Metro Jail includes a main jail facility plus a minimum security barracks, which provides inmate labor to parks, facilities and events across the county. This labor source saves taxpayers more than $1.5 million each year.
The jail provides a comprehensive range of necessary services to inmates, from food and medical services to education and rehabilitative programming.
TO SEND MAIL TO AN INMATE
1. P. O. Box 104, Mobile, Alabama 36601
2. NAME and DOB of inmate should be on letter.
3. MUST HAVE RETURN ADDRESS
METRO JAIL/METRO BARRACKS
ALL VISITATION IS BY APPOINTMENT ONLY AND SHOULD BE MADE ONE WEEK IN ADVANCE. Visitation times are 8:00 to 11:00 and 2:00 to 5:00. Call Visitation line, 251-574-4734, to find the correct days to visit.
NO CELL PHONES, PURSES OR BAGS ARE ALLOWED DURING VISITATION, please secure these items prior to arriving for your visit. WE ARE NOT responsible for any items left in lobby while visiting your loved one.
PROHIBITED CLOTHING FOR VISITATION:
- Halter/Tank/Low cut tops
- Short Shorts
- See through clothing
- mini or high split skirts
- Tight clothing
- Any Other item deemed inappropriate by Visitation Officer
VISITS MAY BE DENIED OR SUSPENDED AS FOLLOWS:
- Emergency Situation
- Under the Influence of Drugs and/or Alcohol
- Disorderly Conduct
- Refusing to submit to a pat search
- INTRODUCING OR ATTEMPTING TO INTRODUCE CONTRABAND INTO THE JAIL
- Person awaiting trial in ANY JURISDICTION.
- Furlough or Pass from ANY CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION.
- Released from JAIL or PRISON within the PAST SIX MONTHS
All Medical is contracted through NaphCare, www.naphcare.com. IF YOU NEED TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE CONCERNING MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT AN INMATE CALL 574-3368 . Leave a message stating inmate name and your contact information and your message will be returned as soon as possible.
Click here for the Inmate Handbook.
MONEY ORDER LIMIT IS $50.00
INFORMATION TO DEPOSIT MONEY ON INMATE ACCOUNTS